Monday, October 31, 2011

Daily Grind

Smart, sassy, and independent women stand out in any room. Fashion Daily caught up with business owner and fashionista, Kimberly Joseph. She is the owner of Kimberly Koko Shoe Boutique and has many more business ventures to come!!!

As we sat down, over great cocktails, Kimberly opened up about her business, her passions and her goals.

1. Have you always wanted to be a business owner?

Yes, I got the itch to become a business owner in highschool. I got sidetracked ,as we all do sometimes, but I realized what I loved and I went for it.

2. What is your favorite footwear for the fall?

I love military combat boots for the fall season. I also think that the Mary Jane pumps are hot. Of course, fall staples such as knee boots and booties are a must.

3. What is your personal style?

My personal style is laid back with a hint of sex kitten. A typical outfit for me would be skinny jeans, graphic tee, blazer, big earrings and of course heels.

4.Who would be your dream client(s).

I would love to style Rhianna. She has a edgy style that I can relate too and she is not afraid to take chances when it comes to fashion.

5. What advice would you give others who are thinking about starting a business?

I would say pray about everything and do your research!!! Keep positive people around. There will be people that will come and there will be people that will leave you, but you must push forward. Another important thing is networking!! Networking helps to get your business out to the public. You will meet people that you can learn alot from. Learning your customers and your products is also very important.

6. Do you plan to expand your business?

Yes, right now the boutique is online, but the goal is to have a physical store. I would also like to come out with my very own shoe line. Kimberly Koko's Shoe Boutique has the potential to become a global brand and I would love to see that happen.

7. What inspires you?

Knowing that I am following my dreams inspires me to do the very best that I can. I look to God for help, guidance, support,..............I just look to him for everything. I had to learn that I can't please everyone. I took something as small as a passion for shoes and turned it into a business with God's help. No matter where you are from; your dreams can come true.



Check out Kimberly's boutique!!!!



Photo:
Kimberly Joseph


1 comment:

  1. aww Kimmy I have watched you grow and I am so proud of you. You have always been very positive and supportive of others. When I recently reached out to you for direction with my upcoming venture you did not hesitate to give me a helping hand. I have so much respect for you and I wish you the best. SN: you will also be one of my first interviews as well so Im coming for ya..lol xoxoxo Chevey

    ReplyDelete